Spirit of the Wind Princess Spirit of the Wind Princess

Dammit Cadmus you're making me feel bad for not writing anything in months.

Simply amazing piece here. The flow of the parts, the fantastic use of the orchestra, it's just really, really good. The melody changes and the flow of the whole thing really does remind me of a Ghibli film.

One thing that does bother me is that the strings seem to be lacking in the high end. It doesn't sound bad, and when the rest of the orchestra comes in it sounds fine, but at the beginning it seemed like the strings were just muffled a bit.

Overall though, absolutely stellar work.

~SW~ Thoughtspark ~SW~ Thoughtspark

that short description sums up most of my pieces tbh

I dig this thing. I'm not one for experimental drum n bass songs but this one kept me interested for sure. I'm not sure why, either. Everything was selected well and fit well, and it would go perfect in a video game. A few of the leads might've been a bit too harsh but overall I enjoyed it.

SkyeWint responds:

Heyo!

Glad you dig it, man! It was definitely an experiment for me, but it's... actually just one real theme. It's just one theme with a couple variations and a bunch of notes putting them together vaguely.

I agree some of the leads are a bit too harsh. I probably should have reigned in the high end - might do that and reupload it.

Thanks, man! :)

It's a Girl It's a Girl

A well-arranged track is what separates the amateurs from the professionals. This track is nothing short of amazing, as is expected from the likes of you.

Songs like this make me want to take the time to actually learn music theory, arrangement, and composition instead of just throwing things at the wall until they sound alright.

Stunning mixing, stunning samples, and just a really good song. It's going in my orchestral playlist for sure.

Jon-Babb responds:

Thank you so much, Papkee! I really appreciate the encouragement and support.

Have a great week,
Jon

Face-Off Face-Off

Lugia all the way man. Awesome drawing.